Dog Wash Instructions
At Trendy Pooches we like to think that we set the trends that others follow. Take for instance our Out door self service dog wash.
The K9000 self service dog wash was installed in March 2012 and has been a huge hit to our local (and not so local) dog walkers. It is the first of its kind in the country and as such attracts a lot of attention whenever it is in use being probably the most photographed item in Hoylake.
Situated at our Market Street shop and next door to Flavours cafe it is available to use 7 days a week from 8am until 10pm.
Operation is very simple (a bit like a car jet wash).
- Start by placing your dog in the bathing area and secure with the supplied retainers.
- Remove collar and lead.
- Put £8.00 into the coin and note slot. Please note that no change is given and no extra time is given for over payment so be sure to put a £5 note and 3 x £1 coins in or 8 x £1 coins.
- Now press the shampoo button on the control panel. Lift the spray nozzle and press the button. Be sure to point the nozzle away from the dog when first starting as the water is heated and needs a few seconds to settle to the right temperature.
- Once the water is tepid to warm start to shampoo your dog. Because the water and shampoo are mixed this is much quicker than shampooing at home in the bath or shower.
- When you feel that the dog is shampooed sufficiently, press the conditioning button and condition the dog for about a minute.
- After that press the rinse button and rinse off the dog thoroughly. If a flea shampoo is required do this before the conditioning cycle.
- Once washed take a towel (there are usually some around the dog wash area) and towel dry then take the drying nozzle and press the drying high button. If you have a nervous dog then dry on lower power with the drying low button. The dryer will not completely dry the dog but will take the bulk of the water off. Please bear in mind that it can take an hour to dry a dog in the grooming parlour so 5 minutes in the dog wash is not going to completely dry them.
- If more time is required there is the opportunity to increase the time by adding more £1 coins in the last 30 seconds of the wash. There is no warning buzzer so keep an eye on the countdown timer.
We try to speak to users of the dog wash to get their feed back and so far we have had not one negative response. Users comment on how easy it is to use and the amount of trouble that this machine will save. No more scratched baths or shower trays or soaking wet bathroom floors and towels. Not having to choose which dog shampoo to buy. Not having to hose the dog down in the yard which everyone agrees that the dogs hate it.
So if you have a dog wash problem then head down to 25a Market Street Hoylake and give our K9000 a try.
We guarantee that you wont want to use your bath again!